Chapter-5 "The Day It Finally Began"
"The very next day Mr.Jigyasi checked everyone's assignment.I still remember how you saved me from him.Just as he was coming to check my assignment,you indulged him in your questions and I swapped my place with Ritesh.Even Ritesh liked it didnt he...??
And then it came to the oral test.Sir wanted to test my intelligence which I never had.But you kept prompting the answers and I kept on impressing him and others as well.
Do you remember that numerical question...something like point of contraflexture,you had drawn the diagram on the board and I was asked to locate the point.I had no clue of that but you kept gesturing from the board behind Sir's back.I remember the answere was 1.778m and the way i said it.Speaking all the numerals one at a time,like,One...seven...seven...eight.
Just as I said this he shouted on me."Do you even know what are you saying.1778 dont you have common sense."
He could have gone on to insult me but you interrupted,"Sir may be she means 1778cm.Dont you Mishthi"
"yes,yes definetly sir.1778cm"Mishthi replied with around 10 nod of head.
I trusted you blindly on that.
But even in that Mr.Jigyasi managed to point out a flaw,"The answer is correct,but arent you been taught how to prononce it"
That did hurt my ego and I replied,"Actually Sir I have been taught but I said it in this way so that everyone could note it down easily."
The class was amazed on my reply werent they.
But that was the time when I found a friend.
Strange it is.Almost 6 years have passed by to this incident but I still remember it minute by minute.That is really strange."
Just as Jatin finished first part of the second letter he could recall the entire incident as well.He remembered that how his classmates were trying to impress Mishthi during the recess time that day.
Prateek the most handsome boy of the class approached Mishthi and said,"Mishthi,what a sweet name"
Just as he said it,Mishthi turned and looked at Jatin and they both started laughing.Prateek did not understand what was going on.He felt humiliated.He was the stud and the most gorgeous girl of the class making a fun out of him with one of the reasonably good looking guy made him sick.
Prateek was about to leave as Mishthi stopped him,"You will not appreciate my parents for giving me such a sweet name."
He liked it and thought "My magic's working" as he replied to her,"ofcourse I will.They certainly have given you a sweet name"
Just as he said this,came a loud burst of laughter from Jatin and Mishthi,which made him sicker.He was agitated.but Mishthi and Jatin seemed to have love this.
Jatin was on cloud nine that day as the Hunk was amuzingly insulted.
He and Mishthi kept laughing at the incident the entire day.Mishthi had this habbit of giving a "Five" whenever she was laughing or enjoying a moment.They shared almost fifty "fives" that day.
All this made Jatin feel special.He could not sleep that night,kept rolling from one side to other.This was new to him and he was liking it as well.
He was recalling the incident and suddenly picked up the second part of the letter and began to read.It said,
" I was happy to find a friend but at the same time I did like Prateek at first as well.Though I insulted him but he really was attractive.I always had boy friends who were having good looks and good physique and he was no different.But somehow I was loving our relationship as well.At the end of that day I saw Prateek and you having a conversation and me being so intelligent in such matters I could see what Prateek was saying to you.It was related to what happend during the recess time and he didnt like it.
It had happened before as well.I have had countless boy friends and many had fought for me as well.I knew how to handle it but I also knew that you werent really trying to impress me and that your feelings were true where as what Prateek was thinking for me was completely physical."
The letter ended.
Jatin was happy after reading it,as he got to know that Mishthi respected his feelings,she was aware of the fact the Jatin's feelings were true but then why was she so rude over the past few years was a question that kept popping in his mind.
Mishthi was indeed mysterious and that is why he was reading her letters so that he could solve the mystery behind Mishthi.
No comments:
Post a Comment