Chapter-7 "The Bond Gets Stronger"
Just as Jatin finished reading the letter and was to start the next one.There was a pause.He ws reliving the moments of fun and love.It was as if his Mishu was with him.
He recalled how he was falling in love with her at that point of time.He was confused initial whether he loved her or was it infactuation.Whatever it was he was loving it.
Mishthi was an outgoing girl,she was fun loving and careless.Jatin did not use to like such a girls.For him such girls were made to be "get used kind of girls" but there was something in Mishthi, which blinded him.
He wanted Mishthi to be always with him.He remembered how he used to get agitated when she used to spend her time or talk to Prateek.He wanted her to be away from Prateek but did not have the courage to tell her that,so he decided to bear Prateek.
As days were passing by Mishthi and Prateek were getting closer.She used to sit with Prateek and bunk classes which irritated Jatin.But the soft corner in Jatin's heart never allowed him say or stop Mishthi from doing,what she was happy doing.
Even today the very fact that Mishthi and Prateek's name was popping in his mind at the same time was annoying him.He felt disgusted.
Suddenly he got the whole issue,he understood why Mishthi used him,why didnt she replied to him.Why did she leave him.
It was all because of Prateek.He and Mishthi were still together.Why didnt he think of this before.He kept irritating Mishthi with his messages and mails.She was happy with Prateek and Jatin was coming in there way.
He felt disgusted of himself now.He felt so bad that he felt going back to Mishthi and ask her for forgivness.He had cursed Mishthi a few times when she didnt use to reply him,he regreted on his actions and words.
But nothing could be done now.It was all over.
May be Mishthi could have been with him if he would have been sensible and patient.
It was all his fault.
As he was cursing himself,he picked the next letter and started reading it.
*****
"I was enjoying my life.Prateek,Jyotsana,Rishi,Sunidhi and aboe all of them you.I did not ever think that my collefe life would be so fun after what I had gone through before.
Do you remember Phattu how we used to fool my hostel's wardon and make out those fabulous night outs.You used to tell her that you are my uncle's son and I will be spending the night at my uncle's house.And the computer genious you were,you used record your own voice and modify it to sound like unlce's voice and that silly wardon always used to fall in our trap.Once she did caught us and was to inform our parents.I wasnt worried that time but you were sweating like anything and I will be honest I did feel guilty at that time.
Do you remember the incident.How will you dumbo."
Mishthi had this habbit of pulling others leg on things others were champions at.Everyone in the class respected Jatin for his mind and memory but she always used to insult him for that.For her qualities which she had were the only useful ones rest all the qualities were useless.She wasnt great when it came to studies and so those who were good in studies always found themselves in Mishthi's joke list.
"It was a sunday evening.I wanted to go out to a club with Prateek.So I called you up to take me out of the hostel as the wardon always trusted you more then me,thanx to your nerdy looks.
That day you had forgotton your cell at home,but somehow we convinced the wardon to let us go.
But she called you on your cell.She had some urgent work with me.It was regarding the almirah in my room.I wanted to get repaired.She wanted the keys of my room,so she called you.
And to our good luck your mom recieved the call.
Your mom said that she does not even know who this Mr.Khiyani is (that was my so called uncle's name).
Shukla mam investigated and found that we always used to fool her.The very next day she got hold of you and just as she was going to make a call to your parents,I saved you.
I knew one of her secrets.She used to fool the hostel owner and I once asw her stealing money from the office.I never said that since I was waiting for the right moment.This was the moment and so our asses got saved.
One thing is quite evident Phattu together we made a very good team.You had the brains and I had the beauty."
Jatin loved the last few words of the letter.He was happy to know that Mishthi remembered every bit of those glorious days.He was happy to know that he was a part of Mishthi's memories.
*****
No comments:
Post a Comment