Monday, August 10, 2009

"sAy iT...wHeN u Love iT.."


Chapter-6 "The Confusion Grows"

"You remember the first time we bunked our class.It was Tripathi Sir's lecture that too guest lecture and we were all supposed to attend that.But I forced you to come with me for a movie.
I kept on enjoying in the movie and you were saying only one thing during the movie,"what if somebody comes to know about us.I will be ruined,my parents will kill me."
You were so scared.I still remember it was at that moment I gave you the name Phattu.
And you always lived upto this name.
The very next day Sir did ask us where were we and I must say though you were Phattu,you were quite brilliant in giving excuses.You said to him,"Sir we were getting late for your lecture so we were hurrying up and in the process Mishthi fell on the stairs and so I took her to the first aid room.
You said this and Sir immediately turned to me to see where did I get hurt.You were so stupid,if you were to make this excuse atleast should have informed me.But the born actress in me helped us didnt she.I managed to convince him quite easily that it was an internal injury and you remember that at the same time I took the permission to skip that class and coming three classes as well.That was so awsome of me.
And when I got the permission the furious look you gave to me,did scare me but I knew you wont say anything to me.
But I was wrong.You shouted on me that day during the recess time,saying,I am being careless,I am playing with my life and blah blah....
None had ever talk to me like that before.But I loved it.It meant you cared for me.
You know during those three days I got close to Prateek as well.He too was one of those who used to bunk a lot.We met near the girls hostel in our campus.He was a flirt and so was I.
We came very close to each other during that period and people started talking about us.I knew you never liked my name being linked up with Prateek.But I liked Prateek and his group of idiots. They were like me,careless and souless.
But somewhere I was feeling bad for you as well.You kept warning me against Prateek and his friends.
Though you were not my kind but I needed you.During exam times you used to sit right next to me.So I needed you a lot,didnt I.
I still remember how tensed you used to get during our results.
In our second sem I failed in two subjects and you secured 68% and still you were crying.I was calming you down.You were saying "my parents will kill me.I never secured less then 75 in my whole life.I am dead"
It was quite amazing every time you were disappointed almost same words came out of your mouth.
I was loving it though.You were sweet,caring and a loving friend.Though most of the times it was me who used to do the caring part but still you were caring."

Just as the letter ended Jatin got even more confused.He knew Mishthi was an unpredictable person but to this extent she was unpredictable,he had nver thought that.
He was confused in the ambivalnce of his emotions.At times he used to love her and at times he used to hate her for the wicked intensions she had.He wasnt able to decide that what actually Mishthi wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment